Virdell Pitts, Director
Here at Evansdale:
Our After School Program Goals are to:
• Provide a clean, safe, and nurturing after-school environment for participating students.
• Provide academic support to students to enable them to reach their full academic potential.
• Provide opportunities for students to gain new experiences that will enhance their self-esteem and build character.
• Provide students with exposure to a variety of recreational and leisure activities.
The cost for After School is:
$60 One Child
$110 Two Children
$170 Three Children
Here’s a list of the program elements:
- Homework Assistance – Each day, time is spent ensuring that children complete and understand homework assignments.
- Nutritional Snack – tasty snacks are provided by our food service staff.
- Free play! – We have lots of supplies and places for children to roam and play with their classmates. We use the gym, playground, lower field, and the blacktop. Our indoor spaces include the computer lab, cafeteria and classrooms for board games and imaginative play.
- Special Events & Activities – From time to time we will have special events such as Talent Shows or Holiday Parties. We’ll have special activities such as cooking, yoga, walking club, fun contests, or participation in community service projects
- Clubs (additional fees may apply) – The After School participants are often involved in clubs that meet at Evansdale. Examples of these are the Chess Club and Girl Scouts. It’s no problem to ensure that the children arrive to their clubs and are safely returned to the after school program. We’ll provide a list of activities to choose from at the beginning of each semester.
Additional Information Below: