What is Literary Guild?
- It is a voluntary reading program where students complete a well-rounded book list including classics and award winning selections from many genres.
- Literary Guild works in conjunction with Accelerated Reader for more information click HERE.
Literary Guild Rules
- View the Literary Guild rules/procedures by clicking HERE.
How do I join?
- Any 1st-5th grade student who can test independently is eligible to participate.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with student name and grade to join.
How does it work?
- Print grade level list (below) and check out books from public or school library.
- Take Accelerated Reader (AR) test on books completed and score 60% or better.
- Track your progress at home and check the online Literary Guild spreadsheet.
Where can I find these books?
- Use the Destiny link on the main Library Media Center webpage to find books at school.
- A majority of books can only be found at the Dekalb Public Library.
- Use the Dekalb County Library system to find books by clicking HERE.
- Order books on-line and pick up at a library location near you.
How do I access the Literary Guild spreadsheet?
- Click on the Literary Guild Spreadsheet link HERE
- Log in using your personal Google account or user-id litguild, and password litguild10.
What are the prizes?
- A trophy for each level completed.
- A personalized “Literary Scholar” plaque for completing levels 3-5, and
- Name recognition on the permanent “Literary Scholar” plaque in the media center.
- A gift certificate for completing levels 1-6; for becoming a “Literary Master”.
- A trophy for each top reader of Caldecott books in grades 1st and 2nd.
- A trophy for each top reader of Newbery books in grades 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Can I get personal assistance?
- You may request and appointment to have a volunteer meet with you in the Media Center.
How do I contact you?